Autumn and winter are here, and the weather is getting colder, and the down jackets that once helped us through the cold winter will soon be "armored on the field to resist the cold" again. So, how should down jackets be cleaned and maintained so that they can maintain warmth while being as clean as new? In fact, this is not difficult, as long as you master the correct washing and maintenance methods and choose the right washing products, you can clean the down jacket as bright as new, and you can still prepare for the cold winter.
Everyone knows that in the past two years, bright patent leather fabrics have been popular on the streets, but they can be washed directly with water. The main ingredients are chemical fiber and polyurethane fiber, which are used in many down jackets. Because the main ingredient of down is protein, it will become brittle and broken after being dried in a dry cleaner. It will come out from the seams of the clothes. It is called running hair. It will not be as warm as before when you wear it next time. Both are very annoying. Just pay attention to the following points when washing at home to ensure that it is clean and warm.
1. Pay attention to the selected washing liquid. Generally, the washing liquid is alkaline, but the down encounters alkaline denaturation. Sexual detergent should be selected as far as possible. If you don't have it at home, you can use transparent soap next, and choose the kind of washing powder (without active enzymes) again, but pay attention to the concentration to prevent unclear washing during rinsing and white spots on clothes.
2. Pay attention to the water temperature, generally the water temperature is around 30°, which is almost the same as the hand temperature. When putting the laundry detergent in, stir it evenly, and then put the clothes in and soak for 10-20 minutes.
3. Don't rub your hands when you encounter a dirty place, use a soft brush to gently scrub (I use a used toothbrush). It can be washed several times by hand pressure. If it is machine-washed, it can be used in the wool washing stall, not like other clothes.
4. No matter what detergent you use for the last rinsing, it is best to add some vinegar to the basin (machine) (just eaten at home, neutralize alkaline). Do not spin dry.
5. It is best to spread the clothes flat and dry in the shade, and not to expose to the sun. When the clothes are dry, you can pat on both sides with your hands.
6. In addition, there are some tips in the washing process, such as cleaning with vinegar. After rinsing the down jacket twice, add two teaspoons of edible vinegar to warm water. This will not only make the clothes soft, but also neutralize the washing liquid remaining in the down jacket.